Have you ever had to deal with abnormally sizzling temperatures on your phone? If you suddenly perceive that your phone is starting to get unbearably hot, do not freak out as it only takes a few minutes to get it back to its normal state.
Here’s our guide to keeping your phone cool/ reduce overheating:
- Don’t operate your phone while charging.
- Remove your phone from charging, if you notice it’s extremely hot.
- Remove your phone from charging once the battery is full. Refrain from overcharging.
- Turn your phone off and let it sit for a few good minutes. Rebooting enables the processor to cool down before you restart.
- Do not expose your phone to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool, dry place! (Yes, this instruction is not exclusively reserved for meds).
- Remove your phone from the case (if any). This will enable the battery, usually placed at the back of the device by manufacturers to cool down faster.
- Place your phone in front of a fan/ AC to speed up cool down.
- Place your phone in the fridge or freezer for 1-2 minutes (water-resistant phones only)
- Turn down your phone’s brightness level and choose the blue light filter option to conserve energy. The Blue Light Filter feature is found in many Samsung smartphones today. Shop Now.
- Set your phone’s power mode to “optimized” or “medium power-saving” to conserve battery power.
- Always close unused Apps to free up more processing space.
- Delete any apps you haven’t used for more than 6 months and update existing apps once prompts are received.
- Turn off your mobile data and Bluetooth when not in use.
- Factory reset your phone if tips 1-13 fail.
- Upgrade your device to one with a higher RAM/ROM if your usage demands are high.
- Visit the nearest Samsung Service Centre if the issue remains unresolved.
Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe to our newsletter for more.